Having and enjoying a shower on a regular basis has numerous advantages. Some key benefits include muscle relaxation, improved blood circulation, toxin removal from the skin, and mind relaxation, among other health benefits.
The addition of chlorine and chloramine to water used for water treatment may be harmful to your hair and skin. Each bath exposes you to chloramine from unfiltered water, which lowers the natural oil in our skin and hair, causing dryness, irritation, and damage to the hair follicles.
In light of this, installing a chloramine shower filter, which ensures the removal of all harmful contaminants in your shower water, is vital since it serves to eliminate traces of chloramine and chlorine.
We hope that this review will help you choose the best shower filter for chloramine and chlorine.
Disclaimer: Best Osmosis Experts is supported by readers. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links in this article, we may get an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you.
Here is a summary of our findings
Sonaki Inline Shower Filter ⇒ Buy Now on Amazon
“All-Natural Vitamin C, Remove close to 99.9% of Chloramine and Chlorine.”
“Certified Shower filter removes up to 96% of Chloramine, Chlorine & other synthetic chemicals.”
- 1 5 Best Shower Filters For Chloramine Removal
- 1.1 1. Sonaki Inline Shower Filter for Chloramine – Vitamin C Shower Filter With Double Filtration
- 1.2 2. Pelican PSF-1NH Premium 3-Stage Shower Filter for Chlorine & Chloramine
- 1.3 3. Aquasana Deluxe – Shower Filter for Chlorine and (AQ-4100)
- 1.4 4. Berkey Shower Filter - WITHOUT Shower Head
- 1.5 5. UBS Vita Fresh – Vitamin C Shower Filter
- 1.6 6. AquaBliss SF220 Shower Filter For Chlorine and Hard Water
- 1.7 7. HotelSpa Fusion – (Vitaclean Shower Head With Refillable Vitamin-C Cartridges)
- 1.8 8. Bath & Relax (Negative Ionic Ion Flow Filter)
- 1.9 What is the effectiveness of shower filters, and how long do the filters last?
5 Best Shower Filters For Chloramine Removal
|Filters||Filtration Method||Filters||Longevity (liters)|
|1. Sonaki Inline Vitamin C Shower Filter||Vitamin C||Chloramine & Chlorine||5,300|
|2. Pelican Chlorine Shower Filter||GAC Carbon Media||Chloramine & Chlorine||10,000|
|3. Aquasana Shower Filter for Chlorine and Chloramine||KDF 55 +
|Chlorine & Heavy Metals||10,000|
|4. Berkey Shower Filter – Best Shower Filter for Chloramine||KDF 55||Chlorine + Iron||20,000|
|5. UBS Vita Fresh – Vitamin C Shower Filter||Vitamin C||Chloramine & Chlorine||10,000|
1. Sonaki Inline Shower Filter for Chloramine – Vitamin C Shower Filter With Double Filtration
The Sonaki shower filter uses All-Natural Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid. This shower filter is structured to deploy vitamin powder into the shower stream, which neutralizes all the harmful elements of chloramine and chlorine.
The product is the best-selling vitamin C in-line filter. It contains an advanced all-natural vitamin C that is extremely effective at neutralizing chloramine and chlorine. Because of the reduced chloramine/chlorine exposure, this shower filter promotes younger-looking skin, healthier hair, and a stronger immune system.
The Sonaki shower filter has a durable brass and chrome finish, as well as a see-through housing material that allows you to easily check the Vitamin C depletion. Furthermore, it is designed to fit comfortably in your existing shower arm and head without changing its position or height.
The resin cartridge available will last up to 11,000 gallons per round, removing nearly 99.9 percent of chloramine and chlorine. As an added bonus, the unit comes with three extra vitamin C cartridges, each with a capacity of 5000 liters.
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 2.7 x 9.8 inches
- Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Color: Silver
- Batteries Required: No
What Our Team Liked
- Removes close to 99.9% of chloramine and chlorine.
- The durability of the shower filter.
- The shower filter company offers a one-year warranty.
- The Sonaki All Natural Vitamin filter makes use of the most superior and safest technology in the shower filter market.
- Very effective in the elimination of chloramine and chlorine from shower water.
- Comes with three extra Vitamin C filters.
- Perfectly designed in-line shower filter that makes assembling simple, no need to call a plumber for fixing.
- Whenever water is clogged inside the shower filter, the vitamin C powder is depleted very fast.
2. Pelican PSF-1NH Premium 3-Stage Shower Filter for Chlorine & Chloramine
Pelican PSF-1NH shower filter uses a three-stage filtration process that eliminates close to 96.9% of chloramine and chlorine.
With the installation of the Pelican shower filter, the users enjoy many health benefits from a premium unit. This includes healthy spotless skin, softer hair, and also transforms the bathroom into a spa experience.
Compared to other brands in the market, The Pelican PSF-1NH shower filter lasts twice longer and offers aromatherapy that will leave you refreshed and relaxed.
The benefit of using the Pelican shower filter
- Not only designed to filter chlorine and chloramine but also removes other synthetic chemicals and unpleasant odors from your tap water.
- A unique up-flow design that offers less resistance and gives high-pressure water strands.
- With chlorine and other harmful contaminants removed from the water, you will save on shampoo and hair conditioner.
- Model number: PSF-1NH
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 3.8 x 6.2 inches
- Color: White
- Style: Shower Filter – No Head White
What Our Team Liked
- It comes with a 1-Year Warranty.
- Offers aromatherapy which most shower filters do not have.
- It doesn’t affect your flow rate.
- Eliminates unpleasant odor from your tap water.
- Easy installation process.
- Transforms your shower into a spa experience!.
- Filters Chlorine, Chloramines and other synthetic chemicals.
3. Aquasana Deluxe – Shower Filter for Chlorine and (AQ-4100)
This shower unit includes a two-stage filtration system that successfully removes chlorine, chloramine, and germs from the shower water, eliminating soap scum build-up and dangerous chemical vapor.
The compact design is BPA (bisphenol-a) free and includes a double filtering stage of copper-zinc and cocoa shell carbon that provides high-grade, filtrated water. Aquasana AQ-4100, produced by Aquasana Inc., is one of the biggest water filtration businesses in the United States.
This enables customers to anticipate a more smooth, cleaner shower experience each time they visit the bathroom.
The benefit of using the Aquasana shower filter
- The current stage of copper zinc and carbon filtering is useful in the removal of hazardous substances.
- Remove chloramine, chlorine and other dangerous chemicals that may be inhaled by users during hot water bathing.
- On hair and skin, the filtered water ensures smooth skin and better hair.
The water shower filter Aquasana is robust, intended to enhance the pressure and prevent water from rebounding.
Finally, the filter changes quickly, easily and easily using this shower filter.
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 7.2 x 3.2 inches
- Material: Plastic
- Item Weight: 2.3 pounds
- Included Components: shower filter, shower head
- Flow Rate: 2.5 GPM
What Our Team Liked
- The quality of water and air improves after installing this shower filter and if you’re having a hot shower, it enhances water pH balance too.
- Has a stable water pressure that ensures a 2.5 GPM is continuously maintained for months after months of use.
- Has an easy installation and maintenance procedure.
- Stable water pressure.
- Simple and Easy installation process.
- Some customers’ reviews have complained of leakages.
4. Berkey Shower Filter - WITHOUT Shower Head
Berkey's shower filter employs high-quality filtering agents such as KDF-55 and calcium sulfate, which work together to kill bacteria, eliminate chloramine, chlorine, odor, mildew, and fungus.
Build up to 20,000 gallons or 1 year of usage, the Berkey cartridge can filter, making it the best and most durable quality shower filter for a unique application available on the market.
The filter is constructed of BPA-free material and includes an included backlash connector, a frequent issue with shower filters, which avoids blocking.
The benefits of using the Berkey shower filter
- Removes up to 96 percent of chloramine and chlorine.
- The Berkey Dush Filter lowers the quantity of chemicals that you inhale in warm or hot water during a shower.
- Reduces hair and skin damage by eliminating chloramine and chlorine.
- Dimensions: 5 x 4 x 4 inches
- Weight: 1.46 pounds
- Color: White
- Batteries Required? No
What Our Team Liked
- The unique Backflush attachment to prevent clogging.
- Reduces vapor inhalation and chemical absorption.
- Removes up to 95% of chloramine and chlorine.
- Long-lasting cartridges that last for a year.
- Simple and easy installation.
- Not expensive.
- Has a limited spray pattern.
5. UBS Vita Fresh – Vitamin C Shower Filter
This shower filter uses a combination of vitamin C and activated carbon to neutralize chloramine, chlorine, and organic chemicals in the shower water.
It is currently the best shower filter on the market, using 100 percent pharmaceutical food-grade Vitamin C ingredient, providing you a spa experience while improving skin condition and hair structure.
The UBS Vita Fresh has a T-design and a lower transparent housing body that shows the amount of Vitamin crystal left. The cartridges are durable, capable of filtering up to 10,000 liters, and with an easily replaceable cartridge filter, anyone can do.
The compact design is less in weight and features universal joints that can accommodate any shower arm and head. Furthermore, the shell is transparent, allowing the user to see how the filter functions and making it easy to determine when the filter needs to be replaced.
The benefits of using UBS Vita Fresh
- The shower filter helps improve the skin condition and hair texture.
- Neutralizes chlorine and chloramine from the tap water.
- The shower filter removes free radicals that cause eczema.
- Dimensions: 3 x 2 x 4.2 inches
- Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Material: ABS, PC, Silicon, Ascorbic Acid
- Color: Chrome finished
What Our Team Liked
- The use of 100% pharmaceutical food, this helps a lot to improve on skin condition.
- UBS Vita offers a spa experience.
- The vitamin C is advantageous in neutralizing chloramine and chlorine.
- Easily replaceable cartridge (no plumber services need).
- The shower filter comes with three pieces in 1 pack.
- The cartridge case is transparent, so it is very easy to monitor the use of vitamin c crystals.
- Universal connection.
- Affects the pressure of water.
6. AquaBliss SF220 Shower Filter For Chlorine and Hard Water
The AquaBliss is currently popular in the market since it promotes healing and revitalizes the body within the first 2 weeks of use.
This high-output shower filter uses advanced purification levels with replaceable multi-stages that are capable of reducing harmful elements of chlorine, chloramine, dirt, fungi, pesticides, and algae.
The benefits of using AquaBliss Shower Filter includes:
- Improves the condition of your skin, nails, and hair.
- You never experience dry itchy skin, eczema, acne, and dandruff.
- The AquaBliss filter can last more than eight months.
This shower filter model is crafted with a universal connection that can fit in any kind of shower head including rain, handheld, and fixed shower head.
It comes with a simple and easy installation procedure. No need to call your local plumber. If you are handy, simply unscrew your shower head and screw-in the Aquabliss shower filter. Thereafter, you can re-attach your showerhead back safely.
The Aquabliss high output shower filter guarantees 100% delivery in results, leaving users happy and thrilled, their skin, nails and hair healthier and glowing.
- Dimensions: 3.7 x 3.7 x 5.4 inches
- Weight: 15.2 ounces
- Color: Chrome
- Model number: SF220
What Our Team Liked:
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
- Designed with a universal connection and a simple installation process – no tool is needed when installing.
- Works correctly on both hot and cold water.
- Guarantees advanced purification levels that remove chloramine and chlorine.
- Works and fits perfectly with any showerhead.
- Simple and easy to install (an average of 2 minutes).
- Designed to filter both on very hot, cold and lukewarm water.
- Three filtration stages.
- Unable to remove sulfur smell to some extent.
7. HotelSpa Fusion – (Vitaclean Shower Head With Refillable Vitamin-C Cartridges)
This shower device features replaceable cartridge filters that accurately discharge pure 100% Food grade Vitamin C into the shower water, neutralizing chlorine, chloramine, and other hazardous impurities. In addition, the company provides a free one-year refill supply.
This showerhead has seven settings and a range of sprays to choose from, including economy rain, rain/massage, Hydro-mist, rain, rain mist, pulsating massage, face 3-zone, and Pause Mode. 4. oversized
The hotel spa Shower filter includes an extremely flexible stainless steel hose and an ON/OFF switch for saving precious water while shampooing or lathering.
The benefit of using HotelSpa Fusion
- Hotelspa purifies the shower water and vapor while taking a hot shower.
- The presence of food-grade Vitamin C is the most effective in neutralizing chlorine and chloramine, resulting in smoother skin and softer hair.
- Has an easy refillable Vitamin-C cartridge.
- Dimensions: 6 x 4 x 9 inches.
- Weight: 1.3 pounds.
- Color: Pure Chrome.
- Material: Stainless Steel Hose & Chrome Plated Premium ABS.
What Our Team Liked
- 7-setting that includes Mist, Economy Rain, Rain, Pause, and two combination modes.
- Supper easy refillable Vitamin C cartridge.
- Refill supply of pure 100% Food-grade Vitamin C for a year.
- Easily refillable cartridges.
- Durable and flexible stainless steel hose.
- Variety of soothing spray patterns.
- Complains of Vitamins C running out fast.
8. Bath & Relax (Negative Ionic Ion Flow Filter)
Furthermore, this portable shower filter contains a unique bioactive mineral ball that filters out over 99 percent of the chlorine and other contaminants in your tap water, allowing you to restore the balance of your oil glands while also softening your hair.
It includes a built-in water-saving technology that can save up to 31 percent on water consumption. The design of these micro-holes is such that water can easily pass through them while maintaining a flow rate of 6.7-7.0 L/minute, providing you with a peaceful spa experience unlike any other.
SMOOTHER, SOFTER, and CLEANER are just a few of the health advantages of using this portable showerhead. Skin, hair loss prevention, and increased cell viability are all benefits of using this product.
It is equipped with a universal connection for simple installation, eliminating the need to consult an expert (please note the hose not included)
Benefits of using this Shower Filter
- Mechanism for conserving water.
- Spray pattern jetting, downpour, and massage are all available in three modes.
- Bioactive mineral stones are capable of removing about 99 percent of chlorine from the environment.
- Dimensions: 3.1 x 3.5 x 9.8 inches
- Color: Clear
- Material: stainless steel
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
- A 30 day money-back guarantee.
- Has an easy installation.
- Saves on water.
- Some customers complain of leakages.
It is critical for your health to remove chlorine and chloramines from your shower water. When chlorine and chloramine are exposed for an extended period of time, they are known to have their own negative effects on the hair and skin.
The Sonaki Inline shower filter does an excellent job of removing chlorine and chloramines from your showering water up to 99.9% of the time.
Sonaki Inline Dual Filtration Shower Filter
Choosing this shower filter will give you with natural solutions for removing chlorine and chloramines through the usage of Vitamin C.
This showerhead not only fits comfortably into your shower arm, but it also installs easily. Its longevity is unrivaled, with it purifying up to 11,000 gallons of water before needing to change the cartridge, which comes in three sections. This showerhead provides the best and superior in terms of quality, effectiveness and durability
Chlorine is useful in water treatment. In major water treatment plants, it is utilized as an addition. However, when exposed to chlorine to specific levels, it is known to affect your body, causing dry hair, itchy skin, and brittle nails. Installing a shower filter would be recommended to successfully safeguard your family from chlorine exposure. There are several methods for removing chloramine and chlorine, so don't be afraid to get a chloramine shower filter. Remember that caring for one's family and oneself is not a selfish pursuit, but rather a crucial component of your family's well-being.
What is the effectiveness of shower filters, and how long do the filters last?
When you purchase a shower filter, the manufacturer will provide an estimated time frame for when you will need to replace the filter cartridge.
Because if you live in a region where municipal or well water has quality problems such as hard water, a high concentration of sediment or limescale, this isn't the case; instead, it is. If this is the case, your shower filter will most likely only last a limited period of time.
So, when is the most appropriate time to replace the filter cartridge?
According to a general rule of thumb, if you observe a reduction in water pressure or flow rate, this suggests that your shower filter is clogged with pollutants and is unlikely to offer the advantage you want it to.
If you continue to use the shower filter without replacing it, you will most likely be bathing in a constant stream of water pollutants.
What to consider first before purchasing a brand new shower filter?
Shower water filters are designed to last between seven and eight months, so when shopping for a shower filter, look for one with a four- to six-month guarantee. This will save you money on replacement and maintenance costs in the long run.
Two important factors to consider when selecting a shower filter are the method used to remove chlorine, chloramine, and other contaminants.
In order to effectively remove chloramine, chlorine, and other pollutants from the shower water, a decent shower filter should use either the KDF-55 procedure or the Vitamin C procedure, both of which are extremely efficient water purification techniques.
Remember that you will be changing filter cartridges on a regular basis, therefore the installation process should be straightforward.
Make sure that you are receiving excellent value for your money at all times by keeping an eye on the pricing.
The availability of filter replacements is readily accessible.
Negative Effects of Chloramine and Chloramine on Human Health
The most common symptoms of chloramine exposure are the following:
1. Constant and dry Skin Problems.
2. Problems of blood and kidney.
3. More prone to cause Respiratory Problems.
4. lowers Immune System.
5. Proven to cause Gastric and Stomach-Related problems.
How to Install Chloramine Shower Filter
Daniel Keringet is a market researcher and publisher (Best Osmosis Experts) who got an interest in topics related to
Water safety out of curiosity and passion from the time he got into college. Now he is a full-time writer living in Naperville Illinois.