Taking a shower in the morning or evening provides a variety of benefits besides cleanliness. These advantages include the relaxation of muscles, improved blood circulation, removal of toxins from the skin, and mental relaxation.
However, the shower water we use to clean our skin and hair may not be as safe as we think because it contains chlorine and chloramine. Bathing in unfiltered water exposes you to these chemicals, which damage your hair follicles and reduce the natural oil in your skin.
Installing a chloramine shower filter ensures that all harmful contaminants are removed from your shower water, transforming your showering experience from dry, brittle hair, itching, and acne-prone skin to glowing soft hair and radiant skin.
This post has compiled a guide to the most efficient shower filters for chloramine. These filters can remove a wide range of harmful contaminants, are reasonably priced, and last a long time.
Best Shower Filters For Chloramine in 2023
|Shower Filter Model||Filtration Method||Chloramine Removal||Filter Lifespan|
|1. Sonaki Inline – Best Shower Filter for Chloramine||Vitamin C||Yes||5,300|
|2. Pelican – Chloramine Shower Filter||GAC Carbon Media||Yes||10,000|
|3. Aquasana – AQ-4100||KDF 55 +|
|4. Berkey Shower Filter to Remove Chlorine||KDF 55||Yes||20,000|
|5. UBS Vita Fresh Vitamin C Shower Filter||Vitamin C||Yes||10,000|
1. Sonaki – Best Shower Filter for Chloramine – Editors Pick
The Sonaki shower filter uses All-Natural Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, structured to deploy vitamin powder into the shower stream, which neutralizes all the harmful elements of chloramine and chlorine.
This shower model is the best-selling vitamin C in-line filter due to its advanced all-natural vitamin C that is extremely effective at neutralizing chloramine and chlorine.
By reducing chloramine/chlorine exposure, this shower filter promotes younger-looking skin, healthier hair, and a stronger immune system.
The Sonaki shower filter has a durable brass and chrome finish and a see-through housing material that allows you to check the Vitamin C depletion easily. Furthermore, it is designed to fit comfortably in your shower arm and head without changing its position or height.
The resin cartridge will last up to 11,000 gallons per round, removing nearly 99.9 percent of chloramine and chlorine. As a bonus, the unit comes with three extra vitamin C cartridges, each with a capacity of 5000 liters.
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 2.7 x 9.8 inches
- Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Color: Silver
- Batteries Required: No
What Our Team Liked
- Removes close to 99.9% of chloramine and chlorine.
- Longer filter lifespan.
- The shower filter company offers a one-year warranty.
- The Sonaki All Natural Vitamin filter makes use of the most superior and safest technology in the shower filter market.
- Very effective in the elimination of chloramine and chlorine from shower water.
- Comes with three extra Vitamin C filters.
- Perfectly designed in-line shower filter that makes assembling simple, no need to call a plumber for fixing.
- Whenever water is clogged inside the shower filter, the vitamin C powder is depleted very fast.
2. Pelican PSF-1NH Premium -Chloramine Shower Filter Budget Pick
Pelican Company has been a trusted manufacturer of water filters and showerheads for many years and has gained customer credibility through its flagship and quality brands worldwide.
Pelican PSF-1NH shower filter uses a three-stage filtration process that eliminates close to 96.9% of chloramine and chlorine.
By installing the Pelican shower filter, users gain many health benefits. This includes healthy spotless skin and softer hair and transforms the bathroom into a spa experience.
Compared to other brands in the market, The Pelican PSF-1NH shower filter lasts twice longer and offers aromatherapy that will leave you refreshed and relaxed.
The benefit of using the Pelican shower filter
- Not only designed to filter chlorine and chloramine but also removes other synthetic chemicals and unpleasant odors from your tap water.
- A unique up-flow design that offers less resistance and gives high-pressure water strands.
- With chlorine and other harmful contaminants removed from the water, you will save on shampoo and hair conditioner.
- Model number: PSF-1NH
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 3.8 x 6.2 inches
- Color: White
- Style: Shower Filter – No Head White
What Our Team Liked
- It comes with a 1-Year Warranty.
- Offers aromatherapy which most shower filters do not have.
- It doesn’t affect your flow rate.
- Eliminates unpleasant odor from your tap water.
- Easy installation process.
- Transforms your shower into a spa experience.
- Filters Chlorine, Chloramines and other synthetic chemicals.
3. Aquasana AQ-4100 – Shower Filter to Remove Chlorine
Aquasana Chloramine shower filter has received numerous positive ratings from various internet buyers.
This shower unit includes a two-stage filtration system that effectively removes chlorine, chloramine, and germs from the shower water, eliminating soap scum build-up and dangerous chemical vapor.
The compact design is BPA (bisphenol-a) free and includes a double filtering stage of copper-zinc and cocoa shell carbon that provides high-grade, filtrated water.
The Aquasana AQ-4100 is manufactured by Aquasana Inc., the largest company devoted to water filtration technologies in the United States.
It eliminates chlorine and chloramine after every shower, providing smooth skin and hair and a fantastic showering experience thanks to its clog-free and compatible shower head design.
The benefit of using the Aquasana shower filter
- The copper-zinc and carbon filtering is useful in the removal of hazardous substances.
- Remove chloramine, chlorine and other dangerous chemicals that may be inhaled during hot water bathing.
- This ensures smooth skin and better hair through cleaner purified shower water.
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 7.2 x 3.2 inches
- Material: Plastic
- Item Weight: 2.3 pounds
- Included Components: shower filter, shower head
- Flow Rate: 2.5 GPM
What Our Team Liked
- The quality of water and air improves after installing this shower filter and if you’re having a hot shower, it enhances water pH balance too.
- Has a stable water pressure that ensures a 2.5 GPM is continuously maintained for months after months of use.
- Has an easy installation and maintenance procedure.
- Stable water pressure.
- Simple and Easy installation process.
- Some customers’ reviews have complained of leakages.
4. Berkey Shower Filter – WITHOUT Shower Head
Berkey is a household name all over the globe. The company has established a reputation for high-quality countertop water filters that utilize gravity to remove hazardous pollutants from water.
Berkey chloramine shower head filter employs high-quality filtering agents such as KDF-55 and calcium sulfate, which work together to kill bacteria, eliminate chloramine, chlorine, odor, mildew, and fungus.
Built to filter up to 20,000 gallons of water or one year of use, it is the best and most durable shower filter on the market. It has unique filtration stages capable of removing up to 1000 water-prone contaminants.
In addition to the BPA-free material, the filter includes a backlash connector, which prevents debris and sediment from continuously blocking the filter.
The benefits of using the Berkey shower filter
- Removes up to 96 percent of chloramine and chlorine.
- The Berkey Dush Filter lowers the quantity of chemicals that you inhale in warm or hot water during a shower.
- Reduces hair and skin damage by eliminating chloramine and chlorine.
- Dimensions: 5 x 4 x 4 inches
- Weight: 1.46 pounds
- Color: White
- Batteries Required? No
What Our Team Liked
- The unique Backflush attachment to prevent clogging.
- Reduces vapor inhalation and chemical absorption.
- Removes up to 95% of chloramine and chlorine.
- Long-lasting cartridges that last for a year.
- Simple and easy installation.
- Not expensive.
- Has a limited spray pattern.
5. UBS Vita Fresh Vitamin C Shower Filter
The UBS Vita Fresh enhances your showering experience by completely neutralizing chloramine and chlorine in your shower water.
This shower filter uses a combination of vitamin C and activated carbon to neutralize chloramine, chlorine, and organic chemicals in the shower water.
It is currently the most advanced shower filter on the market, using 100 percent pharmaceutical food-grade Vitamin C ingredient, providing you a spa experience while improving skin condition and hair structure.
The UBS Vita Fresh has a T-design and a lower transparent housing body that shows the amount of Vitamin crystal left.
The cartridges are durable, capable of filtering up to 10,000 liters, and with an easily replaceable cartridge filter, anyone can do.
The compact design is lightweight and incorporates universal joints for a wide range of shower arms and heads.
Furthermore, the shell is transparent, allowing the user to see how the filter functions and making it easy to determine when the filter needs to be replaced.
The benefits of using UBS Vita Fresh
- The shower filter helps improve the skin condition and hair texture.
- Neutralizes chlorine and chloramine from the tap water.
- The shower filter removes free radicals that cause eczema.
- Dimensions: 3 x 2 x 4.2 inches
- Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Material: ABS, PC, Silicon, Ascorbic Acid
- Color: Chrome finished
What Our Team Liked
- The use of 100% pharmaceutical food, this helps a lot to improve on skin condition.
- UBS Vita offers a spa experience.
- The vitamin C is advantageous in neutralizing chloramine and chlorine.
- Easily replaceable cartridge (no plumber services need).
- The shower filter comes with three pieces in 1 pack.
- The cartridge case is transparent, so it is very easy to monitor the use of vitamin c crystals.
- Universal connection.
- Negatively affect shower water pressure.
6. AquaBliss SF220 Shower Filter For Chlorine and Hard Water
A “MUST HAVE” shower filter for removing chlorine, dirt, and toxic chemicals that will leave you feeling CLEANER and looking better.
The AquaBliss is currently popular in the market because it promotes healing and revitalizes skin and hair in just two weeks.
This high-output shower filter uses advanced purification levels with replaceable multi-stages that are capable of reducing harmful elements of chlorine, chloramine, dirt, fungi, pesticides, and algae.
The benefits of using AquaBliss Shower Filter include:
- Improves the condition of your skin, nails, and hair.
- You never experience dry itchy skin, eczema, acne, and dandruff.
- The AquaBliss filter can last more than eight months.
This shower filter model is crafted with a universal connection that can fit in any kind of shower head including rain, handheld, and fixed shower heads.
It comes with a simple and easy installation procedure. No need to call your local plumber.
If you are handy, simply unscrew your shower head and screw-in the Aquabliss shower filter. Thereafter, you can re-attach your showerhead back safely.
The Aquabliss high output shower filter, users will be thrilled with the results. Their skin, hair and nails will be healthier and shiner than ever before.
- Dimensions: 3.7 x 3.7 x 5.4 inches
- Weight: 15.2 ounces
- Color: Chrome
- Model number: SF220
What Our Team Liked:
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
- Designed with a universal connection and a simple installation process – no tool is needed when installing.
- Works correctly on both hot and cold water.
- Guarantees advanced purification levels that remove chloramine and chlorine.
- Works and fits perfectly with any showerhead.
- Simple and easy to install (an average of 2 minutes).
- Designed to filter both on very hot, cold and lukewarm water.
- Three filtration stages.
- Unable to remove sulfur smell to some extent.
7. HotelSpa Fusion – (Vitaclean Shower Head With Refillable Vitamin-C Cartridges)
Hotel Spa Fusion is a magnificent shower system with its elegant design and the most advanced Vitamin C filter infusion technology.
This shower device features replaceable cartridge filters that accurately discharge pure 100% Food grade Vitamin C into the shower water, neutralizing chlorine, chloramine, and other hazardous impurities.
In addition, the company provides a free one-year refill supply.
This showerhead has seven settings and a range of sprays to choose from, including economy rain, rain/massage, Hydro-mist, rain, rain mist, pulsating massage, face 3-zone, and Pause Mode. 4. Oversized
The hotel spa Shower filter includes an extremely flexible stainless steel hose, and an ON/OFF switch for saving precious water while shampooing or lathering.
The benefit of using HotelSpa Fusion
- Hotelspa purifies the shower water and vapor while taking a hot shower.
- The presence of food-grade Vitamin C is the most effective in neutralizing chlorine and chloramine, resulting in smoother skin and softer hair.
- Has an easy refillable Vitamin-C cartridge.
- Dimensions: 6 x 4 x 9 inches.
- Weight: 1.3 pounds.
- Color: Pure Chrome.
- Material: Stainless Steel Hose & Chrome Plated Premium ABS.
What Our Team Liked
- 7-setting that includes Mist, Economy Rain, Rain, Pause, and two combination modes.
- Supper easy refillable Vitamin C cartridge.
- Refill supply of pure 100% Food-grade Vitamin C for a year.
- Easily refillable cartridges.
- Durable and flexible stainless steel hose.
- Variety of soothing spray patterns.
- Complains of Vitamins C running out fast.
8. Bath & Relax (Negative Ionic Ion Flow Filter)
The Bath and Relax showerhead provides a wonderful spa experience with three different modes of operation, including massaging, jetting, and rainfall, jetting and massaging.
Furthermore, this portable shower filter contains a unique bio-active mineral ball that filters out over 99 percent of the chlorine and other contaminants in your tap water, allowing you to restore the balance of your oil glands while also softening your hair.
It includes a built-in water-saving technology that can save up to 31 percent on water consumption.
The design of these micro-holes is such that water can easily pass through them while maintaining a flow rate of 6.7-7.0 L/minute, providing you with a peaceful spa experience unlike any other.
SMOOTHER, SOFTER, and CLEANER are just a few of the health advantages of using this portable showerhead. Skin, hair loss prevention, and increased cell viability are all benefits of using this product.
It is equipped with a universal connection for simple installation, eliminating the need to consult an expert (please note the hose not included).
Benefits of using this Shower Filter
- Effective in removing harmful water contaminants.
- Use water-saving technology.
- Bio-active mineral stones are capable of removing about 99 percent of chlorine from the environment.
- Dimensions: 3.1 x 3.5 x 9.8 inches
- Color: Clear
- Material: stainless steel
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
- A 30 day money-back guarantee.
- Has an easy installation.
- Saves on water.
- Some customers complain of leakages.
In order to protect your skin, hair, and nails from harmful chemicals, you should shower in clean, chemical-free water.
Modern shower filters are scientifically built to remove multiple harmful contaminants in shower water, are affordable, and designed with universal fittings to fit all types of shower heads.
This post focuses primarily on shower filters that remove chlorine and chloramine, and all the units we reviewed above are highly effective at removing these two chemicals.
However, the Sonaki Inline shower filter does an excellent job of removing chlorine and chloramines from your showering water up to 99.9% of the time.
Sonaki Inline Dual Filtration Shower Filter
The Sonaki Inline shower filter uses Vitamin C to provide natural solutions for removing chlorine and chloramines.
Furthermore, it has an unrivaled lifespan, purifying up to 11,000 gallons of water before requiring a cartridge change, which comes in three sections.
With this shower filter, you will experience the best in terms of quality, effectiveness, and durability.
Chlorine is useful in water treatment. In major water treatment plants, it is utilized as an addition. However, exposure to chlorine to a specific level is known to affect your skin and hair, causing dry hair, itchy skin, and brittle nails.
Installing a shower filter would be recommended to successfully safeguard your family from chlorine exposure.
There are several methods for removing chloramine and chlorine, so don’t be afraid to get a chloramine shower filter.
Remember that caring for one’s family and oneself is not a selfish pursuit, but rather a crucial component of your family’s well-being.
To quickly recap, these are the FAQs we have discussed.
- Effectiveness of shower filters, and how long do the filters last?
- What to consider first before purchasing a brand new shower filter?
- Negative Effects of Chloramine and Chloramine on Human Health
- Does Vitamin C shower filter remove chlorine and chloramine?
- How do I know if a shower filter will effectively remove chloramines?
- Can a standard carbon filter remove chloramines from shower water?
- How often do I need to replace the filter in a shower filter for chloramine removal?
- Cost of a shower filter for chloramine removal compare to other types of shower filters?
- Health benefits to using a shower filter for chloramine removal?
Effectiveness of shower filters, and how long do the filters last?
When you purchase a shower filter, the manufacturer will provide an estimated time frame for when you will need to replace the filter cartridge.
Because if you live in a region where municipal or well water has quality problems such as hard water, a high concentration of sediment or limescale, this isn’t the case; instead, it is.
If this is the case, your shower filter will most likely only last a limited period of time. So, when is the most appropriate time to replace the filter cartridge?
According to a general rule of thumb, if you observe a reduction in water pressure or flow rate, this suggests that your shower filter is clogged with pollutants and is unlikely to offer the advantage you want it to.
If you continue to use the shower filter without replacing it, you will most likely be bathing in a constant stream of water pollutants.
What to consider first before purchasing a brand new shower filter?
Shower water filters are designed to last between seven and eight months, so when shopping for a shower filter, look for one with a four- to six-month guarantee.
This will save you money on replacement and maintenance costs in the long run.
Two important factors to consider when selecting a shower filter are the method used to remove chlorine, chloramine, and other contaminants.
In order to effectively remove chloramine, chlorine, and other pollutants from the shower water.
A decent shower filter should use either the KDF-55 procedure or the Vitamin C procedure, both of which are extremely efficient water purification techniques.
Remember that you will be changing filter cartridges on a regular basis, therefore the installation process should be straightforward.
Make sure that you are receiving excellent value for your money at all times by keeping an eye on the pricing. The availability of filter replacements is readily accessible.
Negative Effects of Chloramine and Chloramine on Human Health
The most common symptoms of chloramine exposure are the following:
1. Constant and dry Skin Problems.
2. Problems of blood and kidney.
3. More prone to cause Respiratory Problems.
4. lowers Immune System.
5. Proven to cause Gastric and Stomach-Related problems.
Does Vitamin C shower filter remove chlorine and chloramine?
It’s comprehensible that a large dose of vitamin C can neutralize chlorine and chloramine in shower water.
In fact, 50 gallon of chlorine and chloramine shower water can be neutralized by 1000mg of vitamin C, therefore putting a shower filter in the bathroom is critical since it will filter out all of the water contaminants contained in our shower water.
How do I know if a shower filter will effectively remove chloramines?
The filter must be designed and marketed to eliminate chloramines from water:
Most shower filters are intended to remove a particular type of dirty material, such as chlorine or sediment. A filter may not be able to remove chloramines if that is not the purpose for which it was built or sold.
The filter must be supplied with a media capable of digesting and eliminating chloramines:
Chloramines are formed when chlorine and ammonia react, which can be challenging to remove from water. A filter that uses a medium like KDF (copper-zinc) or catalytic carbon has a better chance of eliminating chloramines from water.
Look for certifications from organizations like the NSF and the WQA:
The National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) and the Water Quality Association (WQA) test and certify water filtration systems based on how successfully they remove specific contaminants. If a shower filter has been approved by one of these organizations, it is more likely that it will be able to remove chloramines from the water.
Examine the ratings and comments of the customers, as well as their suggestions:
Reading reviews and comments from other people who have used the shower filter can give you an idea of how well it reduces chloramines. If most customers are satisfied with the number of chloramines removed by the filter, the filter is most likely adequate.
You may also test the shower filter by collecting a sample of the water before and after the filter and analyzing it with a water testing kit to see if it contains chloramines.
It is critical to understand that the performance of a shower filter might vary based on the water conditions in your area and the number of chloramines in your water. Even if you have a reliable filter, you may need to experiment with a few filters until you find one that fulfills all your needs.
Can a standard carbon filter remove chloramines from shower water?
Standard carbon filters, also known as activated carbon filters, are frequently used in water filtering systems to remove contaminants such as chlorine, silt, and organic compounds. They may not be as successful at removing chloramines. Chloramines, chlorine-ammonia mixtures, are more stable and difficult to eliminate than chlorine alone.
Activated carbon filters attract pollutants to the surface of the carbon to remove them. On the other hand, chloramines can circumvent commonly used activated carbon filters and remain in the water. As a result, more than a standard carbon filter may be required to remove chloramines from shower water efficiently and effectively.
If you want to remove chloramines from the water in your shower effectively, look for a filter that uses a medium like KDF (copper-zinc) or catalytic carbon as its medium. These two media are intended to eliminate chloramines. Some filters use activated carbon and KDF or catalytic carbon to remove chloramines and other contaminants from water.
If you want to be sure that the filter you’re thinking about will efficiently remove chloramines from water, look at the product specifications or contact the manufacturer.
How often do I need to replace the filter in a shower filter for chloramine removal?
The frequency with which you must replace the filter in your shower filter to remove chloramine depends on the water quality in your location. The sort of filter you have will also influence how frequently you will need to replace it. Some factors can affect how frequently filters need to be replaced, including the following:
The pace at which water travels through the filter impacts how quickly it clogs and needs to be replaced: The higher the flow rate, the faster the filter becomes blocked.
The water’s condition: The amount of chlorine in your water supply determines how quickly the filter clogs and how frequently it needs to be replaced.
Type of filter: Some filters, such as those made of KDF or catalytic carbon, have a substantially longer lifespan than others.
Use: The frequency with which the filter is used also affects its lifespan.
It is critical to replace the filter at the manufacturer’s recommended intervals and inspect it frequently for signs of wear and tear, such as a change in color or a reduction in the volume of water that runs through it. Some filters have indications that tell you when it’s time to replace them.
The shower filter will eliminate chloramines and other contaminants from the water in your shower if it is cleaned and replaced regularly.
How does the cost of a shower filter for chloramine removal compare to other types of shower filters?
Several factors, including brand, kind, and features, can influence the cost of a shower filter that eliminates chloramine. Filters designed to remove chloramines may be more expensive than standard carbon filters or many other types of shower filters. This is because the equipment and materials used to eradicate chloramines are frequently more cutting-edge and, thus, more expensive.
For example, filters that use KDF (copper-zinc) or catalytic carbon may be more expensive than filters that use standard carbon. Furthermore, filters with many stages of filtering or other features, such as an integrated water softener or UV sterilization, may be more expensive.
A regular carbon filter, on the other hand, will be less expensive than a filter explicitly developed to remove chloramines. However, it is conceivable that it will not be as successful in eliminating chloramines and other contaminants as a filter designed expressly for this reason.
Depending on the manufacturer and the functions included, a shower filter that eliminates chloramines can cost anywhere from $25 to $100. It is critical to compare the prices of various shower filters and the features they offer before deciding on the best fit for your budget and your needs.
Are there any health benefits to using a shower filter for chloramine removal?
Using a filter to remove chloramines from your shower may suit your health in various ways.
Chloramines are a type of disinfectant that is employed in the water purification process. They can worsen skin, eye, and lung diseases. If you remove the chloramines from the water used in your shower, you may no longer have these symptoms.
Another adverse effect of chloramine exposure is dry skin and hair, which contributes to the overall appearance of deterioration. Chloramines have been linked to skin and hair dryness. Shower filters that eliminate chloramines may restore the natural hydration of your skin and hair, resulting in a supple and wholesome appearance and sensation.
Chloramines can also cause the water in the shower to smell musty. The removal of chloramines from the water should assist in reducing the odor.
If you inhale chloramines or allow them to permeate your skin, the contaminants they may contain, such as heavy metals, can harm your health. Other forms of pollutants may be present in chloramines. Although chloramines are known to cause disease, installing a shower filter that removes them may be beneficial.
A chlorine filter removes chlorine from water, which is added to drinking water to make it safe to drink. Chlorine, besides irritating the skin, eyes, nose, and throat, can dry out the hair and skin.
It is critical to remember that while removing chloramines from your shower with a filter may be suitable for your health if you are concerned about the potential adverse effects of chloramines on your health, you should still consult a medical expert.
Daniel Keringet is a market researcher and publisher (Best Osmosis Experts) who got an interest in topics related to
Water safety out of curiosity and passion from the time he got into college. Now he is a full-time writer living in Naperville Illinois. Read More About Me Here.