The quality of the air in your home is highly reliant on the humidity levels in the air, and did you know that excessive levels of moisture encourage and perpetuate the development of bacteria and germs?
High humidity levels in the air are likely to exacerbate the occurrences of asthma and allergies, thus managing and not exceeding hazardous humidity levels in your bathroom and home is crucial.
Because the bathroom is the most humid room in the house, investing in effective ventilation will undoubtedly have a substantial impact on humidity levels, resulting in a reduction of mold and mildew in the bathroom and the house as a whole.
This post aims to explain what to anticipate from bathroom fans and which one works the best while keeping the pricing of each one in mind.
12 Best Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Light and Heater
1. Delta GBR100 BreezGreenBuilder- Best Quiet Exhaust Bathroom Fan (Best Pick)
Delta is a well-known and respected brand in the ventilation business. Their most recent products were rated as the top exhaust fans.
This is a nice product to consider and include in your alternatives. Has an improved airflow capacity of 100CFM.
This has an effect on the ventilation as a wind. HVI-certified and Energy Star-qualified as an energy-saving product, it saves up to 74% more energy than competing competitors.
The Delta BreezGreenBuilder GBR100’s innovation sees a blend of quality, power, and style, with a noise level of 1.4 sones.
The galvanized steel housing is combined with a DC brushless motor, resulting in a long-lasting and uninterrupted service provider.
Accompanied with an indicator light that will show you that the fan is working even if you can’t hear it.
It is classified as a dual-purpose fan since it may be positioned on the wall or the ceiling. When compared to other items on the market, the installation method is simple, and it is smaller in size.
This is a powerful bathroom exhaust fan with the capabilities of our wants.
The Delta BreezGreenBuilder GBR100 100 CFM Exhaust Bath Fan has the power to keep your bathroom aired by moving air quickly, efficiently, and quietly.
- It is energy-saving with up to 74% in comparison to other models.
- The powerful 100 CFM capacity provides a quiet environment at only 1.4 sones.
- Works perfectly as both as a wall-mounted fan or a ceiling fan.
- The installation process is easy.
- The price is affordable.
- It includes an indicator light.
- The aesthetic is not desirable.
- Shipping problems, as not all parts stated were delivered to.
- Not effective in larger bathrooms.
2. Broan-Nutone Powerful & Durable Bathroom Ceiling Heater Exhaust Fan 70 CFM
The NuTone 9093WH Bathroom Heat / Fan / Light / Night-Light with Switch is a multi-functional and powerful ventilator that works efficiently to retain your home or commercial bathroom space feeling fresh and smelling clean.
This adaptable ventilation fan has an inclusion of a four-switch function, purposely for fan-forced heating with a 100W light or 7 W night light, that could be used alone or in combination.
The heating element is made of nickel-chrome material and operates at 1500W.
The ventilation fan will fit a 4-inch duct, with the inclusion of an in-built junction box for the easy plug-in installation of the heater, fan motor, and light.
The manufactured grille may be painted to match any décor and is finished in neutral polymeric white with a stylish, streamlined style. This item should not be used over a bathtub or in a shower..
- A powerful heater of up to 1300 watts.
- Certified by the Heating Ventilation Institute thus a high standard quality fan.
- Loud especially when the heater is on, with 4 sones.
- Reports of missing parts by several buyers.
3. Panasonic WhisperFitEZ (FV-08-11VFM5) Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Motion Sensor
The Panasonic brand is popular for high-quality products. The leading manufacturer in the market, for the bathroom exhaust fans.
Similar to its other Whisper models, the Panasonic FV-08WQ1 WhisperWall 70 CFM a wall Mounted Fan is another high-quality product that’s designed for wall mounting.
The Panasonic FV-08WQ1 WhisperWall 70CFM comes with an exterior flap and a backdraft damper which prevents the cold air to flow from outside.
The condenser motor is surrounded, sheltering it to give you years of service. The double suction blower wheel sees the movement of air silently at 70 CFM, with the noise level of 0.8sones.
The Panasonic FV-08WQ1 WhisperWallcasing is made with heavy-duty zinc galvanized steel, for protection from rust and wearing out.
It is accompanied by a 3-year parts warranty that will see you getting optimum value for your money.
- The permanently lubricated motor with a thermal cut-off fuse to stop overheating.
- The heavy-duty galvanized steel material ensures durability.
- It is Energy Star qualified appliance, thus an energy saver.
- Easy installation process.
- The operation is noiselessly at only 0.8 sones.
- The inclusion of a damper which stops cold air from getting back into the bathroom from outside.
- A 3-year warranty for all parts.
- Absence of a nightlight.
- In comparison to other models, it is expensive.
- The backdraft flapper can be easily be opened by strong winds, thus letting the cold air back into the bathroom.
4. Whisperfit EZ Retrofit Extremely Quiet Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Light & Heater
If you are in search of a silent and practical solution for your bathroom humidity problem then, it is important to ensure the model you select is of low maintenance and easy to use.
Most of the products from Panasonic, like the WhisperFit EZ Retrofit Fan/Light are reliable to last longer.
This has been made so with the casing which is extremely durable galvanized steel. The casing is protected by a special rust-resistant paint.
You’ll fall in love with the thermal cutoff fuse, which adds an extra layer of security. This variant is low maintenance due to the existence of a constantly lubricated fan and will simply switch itself off if it overheats.
Users will be able to install this model themselves due to its ease of installation.
The difficulty comes from the operation instructions, which can be difficult for some. Although the procedure is simple, the instructions may not be required.
- Operates very silently.
- Easy installation process.
- The casing is made of galvanized steel.
- The rust-resistant paint is used for coating.
- A light accompanies the fan.
- The thermal cut-off fuse ensures safety measures.
- The instructions given are not that clear.
5. RadonAway 4-inch (23030-1 RP145) Radon Mitigation Bathroom Exhaust Fan
Worried about your bathroom being too large with poor ventilation? There is no need to worry when you have the RadonAway 23030-1 RP145 Radon Mitigation Fan. It will give you the boost of your large bathroom needs.
This device is incredibly simple to operate and gets the job done quickly. The damp air is quickly removed. Rooms up to 250 square meters in size can be easily worked on, and the damp air is rapidly removed.
When this fan is turned on, it is nearly silent. The time spent in the bathroom is more pleasant because there is no annoying background hamming.
The installation process may be a bit challenging, unfortunately. The instructions given for the process are not that clear. It will need you to ask for help from a professional for fixing this fan.
The warranty on the RadonAway 23030-1 RP145 Radon Mitigation Fan is extensive and a lot of customers preferred this from the product.
Although, you may find the warranty not useful if you did the installation yourself, for this reason, opt for a professional to install the fan instead.
- Made specifically for good to moderate airflow.
- It is energy efficient.
- The installation process is quick and easy.
- Accompanied by a five-year warranty.
- Operates very silently.
- There is a need for maintenance more than often.
6. Panasonic(FV-30VQ3) Quiet Air Flow Whispering Ceiling Ventilation Fan
Is your bathroom large, or is it always busy doing what it should? Are you looking for a somewhat quiet fan? The Panasonic FV-30VQ3 WhisperCeiling 290 CFM is the best option for you.
Housed in white-painted steel, it is a certified product by the Energy Star. It is light to carry around, close to 4 pounds, and also very silent when in operation.
The condenser is highly enclosed, with an extra-large suction sirocco blower wheel for a long-lasting experience.
Being energy Star certified it is sure to save energy and rotate a large quantity of air in a very short time to a capacity of 290 CFM. The mounting brackets make the installation process much easier
The Panasonic FV-30VQ3 WhisperCeilingis very quiet and you may mistake it for not being on. The motor on it is permanently lubricated thus constant functioning.
The lifespan is incredibly long with low maintenance. It is accompanied with a 3-year warranty.
The vast size of the bathroom or the multiple times the bathroom is used would surely need a great ventilation fan that can operate fast, efficiently, and quietly. It is mounted on the ceiling providing for all these needs.
- Energy Star-certified.
- Consumes only up to 120V of electricity, an energy saver.
- Very quiet when operating and may mistake it for not working.
- Able to get rid of the moist air much faster in comparison to the others due to its airflow capacity of 290 CFM.
- Accompanied by a 3-year warranty.
- The coating on the housing gives it a longer life span.
- It is expensive.
- The installation process is a bit tricky as it does not include mounting hardware.
- The fan is big and at some point will need adjustments made to your ceiling for it to fit properly.
7. BreezSlim Delta Eletronic Powerful Bathtoom Exhaust Fan SLM70 70 CFM
The Delta is a well-known brand in this industry. With over 40 years of experience in the production of well-rated products consumers, it is the largest provider in the world of brushless fans and switching power supply.
The Delta Breez SLM70 Slim 70 CFM Exhaust Fan the quality is impeccable and offers a variety of amazing features.
Has the ability to move air at high speeds of 70 CFM that allows for better ventilation. It operates silently with a noise of only 2 sones.
A desirable feature of this particular Delta exhaust fan is the energy-saving feature. It is compliant with the ASHRAE and also Energy Star certified, thus no need to worry about skyrocketing electricity bills.
It is listed as a dual function too as it works as both a ceiling fan and a wall fan, giving you the option to pick one.
The brushless motor design of the Delta Breez SLM70 ensures durability, as the galvanized steel construction will prevent corrosion. The aesthetic is also modern giving your bathroom a touch of class.
The Delta Breez SLM70 Slim 70 CFM Exhaust Fan is of a lower price but of high quality, being an energy saver, durable, and also noiseless.
- It is ASHRAE compliant and also Energy Star certified thus and energy saver.
- Quite affordable in comparison to what it offers.
- Operates very quietly.
- Able to move the airflow capacity up to 70 CFM.
- The installation process is easy.
- It does not offer filtration of the air in your bathroom thus the air will have dirt, insects, and debris.
- The absence of a nightlight feature.
- The installation instructions are at some point confusing.
- The humidity sensor does not work.
8. Broan-Nutone 655 Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Heater & Light (White Plastic Grille)
This is a unique 3-in-one bathroom fan heater and light combo. The Broan-Nutone fan heater and light will heat your bathroom fast enough.
With the 1500-watt bathroom heater, it will allow your bathroom tile floor and toilet seat to remain warm and welcoming
The inclusion of a 100-watt light, and a 7-watt nightlight, providing for the extra lighting. There is also a four-way switch which is obtained during the purchase.
- The warmness provided with the1500-watt heating element.
- The inclusion of the 100-watt light and a 7-watt nightlight for extra lighting.
- The capacity of 70 CFM which will be enough for the average size of the bathroom.
- The 3.5 sone is somewhat loud.
- The heat it produces may not just be enough.
9. Panasonic WhisperWarm Lite (FV-11VHL2) Ventilation Quite 3-in-1 Bath Fan
Similar to the WhisperCeiling, the Panasonic FV-11VHL2 WhisperWarm ventilating fan is considered a quality product you would desire for your bathroom.
The speeds of up to 110 CFM, being a ceiling-mounted fan it is among the best bathroom exhaust fans you will get.
The durability is high and dependent on the heavy-gauge zinc galvanized steel that is paint coated to prevent rusting.
It sees the incorporation of a tube-like heating element that is surrounded with stainless steel with the infusion of the Nichrome wire with magnesium dioxide to permit the transfer of heat.
This Panasonic WhisperWarm fan has a heater and two 18W fluorescent bulbs for the night light purpose. This makes it unique when compared to other fans in a similar category.
The blower wheel draws air on both sides thus allowing for a larger surface area for air to pass through
The WhisperWarm is relatively noiseless with the noise of 0.7 sones. Another great feature is that the WhisperWarm only uses up to 30.60W of power despite its amazing three in one feature; it is a sure energy-saving exhaust fan.
- The encasing is rustproof with the galvanized steel sufficiently coated in paint.
- Saves on energy despite the number of features, it only consumes 120V of electricity.
- The two-night lights included will see you not needing your bathroom light at night and you could make use of the night light saving the electric consumption.
- In comparison to other fans in this category, it is noiseless with only 0.7 sones.
- The heater can keep the bathroom warm by keeping cold air out.
- Its durability is because of the inbuilt condenser motor which is highly protected.
- The installation process is easy with all components being inbuilt.
- A ceiling-mounted fan thus the cleaning may prove to be challenging.
- Expensive to have it repaired in case of damages.
10. Broan-BuTone Bath Fan – Best Bathroom Fan with Incandescent Light and Heater
The Broan Heater, Fan, and Light Combo will see you get rid of the humidity in your bathroom, provide you with a warm bathroom in the middle of winter, and also provide a nightlight, just as the name states.
The heater can deliver up to 1,300 watts which sees the elimination of cold air instantly. The 100-watt capacity light that accompanies this model is seen as a bonus as it is just right for illumination to the bathroom at night.
The Broan Heater, Fan, and Light Combo purposed for the bathroom at home are mainly designed to be ceiling mounted, with the installation process being very simple.
The aesthetic is simple and smart and tends to blend in easily.
This package is topped off with the noiseless operation with the clearing of the humid air in the bathroom being fast and simple.
- A capacity of 70 CFM for exhaust.
- The inbuilt heating element of 1,300-watt.
- Plug-in motor is permanently lubricated.
- The blower wheels are two and efficient.
- Performs the three functions efficiently.
- An extra 20-amp line is needed for the heater.
- It does not come with a light bulb.
11. Broan-Nutone (QTX11OHL) Best Bathroom Exhaust Fan – Quiet Ceiling Fan 0.9 Sones
Similar to the Panasonic and Delta, the Broan is well recognized and the leading manufacturer of residential ventilation products.
The Broan QTX110HL Ultra Silent Series Bath Fan with Heater and Light is ideal for central heating in homes without heaters.
The fan keeps your bathroom ventilated with keeping it lit for the night bathroom usage, and also toasty with the high-performance metal blower wheel.
The BROAN QT Series model is very silent, with 0.9 sones, at a capacity of 110 CFM. It provides lighting at 120 watts and a 7 watt nightlight capacity and supplemental heat at an output of 1500 watt heater.
The fan is housed with galvanized steel housing making it more durable and long-lasting. The finishing is stylish and would go hand in hand with any bathroom décor.
The installation process is easy with a 6’ duct in diameter that fits any ceiling construction. To add to that, it is accompanied by a one- year warranty.
- Provides lighting, and also nightlight with the bulb sold separately.
- An avid energy saver, being Energy Star certified.
- Very silent while operation at 0.9 sones.
- Works instantly at a capacity of 110 CFM.
- The aesthetic is classy and would fit in with your bathroom decor.
- The installation process is easy and fast.
- Provides supplemental heating to your bathroom making it warm.
- Cannot fit into a standard 3″ duct.
- The durability of the heating element is questionable.
- Works perfectly for large bathrooms.
12. KAZE Ultra Quiet Bathroom with Led Day & Night Light Exhaust Fan
KAZE in the Japanese language translates to the word wind. This particular KAZE appliance SE90TL2 Ultra Quiet 90 CFM 0.3 sone bathroom exhaust fan is among the highly talked about exhaust fan that sees the combination of ventilation and overhead lighting.
An 11-watt LED light with a 2-watt LED nightlight is included in this fan that should run for 30,000, which is a long time of providing you with soft night light in the bathroom in the middle of the night.
The components of the fan are of high quality which enables it to be efficient and durable. The permanently lubricated motor ensures an uninterrupted service all through.
The operation of this model is very silent at 0.3 sones at a capacity of 90 CFM. The two-way duct size gives an option of either 4” or 6” round duct with the hamper technology being able to prevent the backdraft.
The KAZE ensures for an impeccable job done with an energy-saving capacity by consuming only 120V of electricity. The inclusion of the double hanger mounting bars for the ease of installation.
- The installation process is easy.
- A capacity of 90 CFM of airflow.
- An energy-saving model with it being certified by the Energy Star.
- The prevention of backdraft with the presence of an inbuilt damper.
- Presence of the dual duct sizes.
- The operation is very quiet with 0.3 sones.
- The Materials in use are of high quality with the motor being permanently lubricated.
- The nightlight and extra light feature provides you with light at night in the bathroom.
- Not desirable for large bathrooms.
- The light may not work at times and also too dim during the night.
- The fogging up of the mirror an indication it does not move enough air
13. Broan-NuTone 678 Bathroom Ventilation Exhaust Fan, 2-IN-1 Ventilation Fan
The Broan-NuTone 678 Ventilation Fan and Light Combination, 50 CFM 2.5 sones works fast enough for the removal of humid air in the bathroom.
The noise produced while it is operational is very minimal and is seen as an added advantage. The aesthetic of this model could blend into the décor of your bathroom with little to worry about.
The installation process has to be done in the ceiling and not in the room. This poses a challenge for those who do not have an attic above the bathroom.
It will need you to crawl above the ceiling to be able to install it in a couple of minutes.
This particular model is small in size and is known to take up a small space. The installation process has been made easy and simple. The lubricated motor will be a desirable feature for several customers.
This model does not supply you with a bulb and you would have to go the extra mile in search of a bulb separately, which may cost you an extra dime and time.
This may not be a problem for customers who are aware of this and will come prepared.
- The galvanized steel body prevents it from rust.
- A permanently lubricated motor.
- The stylish grille is a feature that quite noticeable.
- Accompanied by a light.
- Runs very silently.
- The plastic lens does not fit with the finishing.
- Does not prepare you fully for the mounting.
- Does not come with a bulb.
Being able to enjoy a shower every day at the start of your day would be refreshing. The presence of a clear mirror would top of the refreshing feel of the bathroom.
The bathroom exhaust fan will ensure you have a clear mirror and prevent the growth of microorganisms, molds, and mildews.
This fan will improve the environment of your bathroom greatly giving you a desirable experience. The market is swarmed with a large number of ventilating fans and not all models may counter the problem in your bathroom.
It is advisable you get a perfect fit for your bathroom for it to function optimally.
Interested in more option about Bathroom Exhaust Fan? Our post What is Bathroom Exhaust Fan used for? is another helpful resource.
Do bathroom exhaust fans really work?
A large number of people think that the main function of a bathroom fan is to eliminate the bathroom odors, while the main purpose is to supply the bathroom with warm, moist air as one created by a warm bath shower.
The warm moist air does not only bring about mold growth in your bathroom but it is known to cause damage to the surfaces in the bathroom and other fixtures.
The absence of a fan in your bathroom would cause a smelly musty and it would be advisable to have one installed and have the bathroom inspected for the growth of mold.
The bathroom is prone to excessive moisture buildup which poses damage to the bathroom floor, ceiling, walls, and other bathroom fixtures.
The warm humid air created by a hot shower creates a perfect environment for the growth of molds and microorganisms.
The high level of moisture is likely to cause a breakdown in other rooms on the wall paint, wallboard, and the doors. To be able to enjoy a safe bathroom you will be needed to provide for good ventilation.
Why are there exhaust fans in the bathroom
The main and known purpose for fans in the bathroom is to eliminate moisture from the bathroom. They assist in the controlling of bathroom smell.
To add on that, it ensures safety in the home and the residents by getting rid of the fumes from cleaning agents which could at some point lead to health issues.
The bathroom exhaust fan is known to improve the quality of the indoor air. The fans ensure for the following;
- Eliminate Odors; this is the main reason for getting an exhaust fan to control odor. This will see you keep your bathroom well maintained providing a clean atmosphere for the users.
- Humidity Reduction; reducing the levels of humidity in the bathroom is important for its maintenance. It will get rid of the possibility of mod or microorganism growth.
- Reduce Airborne Contaminants; the cleaning of the bathroom is done by strong chemicals that may be harmful to our health when inhaled. The fan will assist in getting rid of the fumes.
- Help Eliminate Foggy Mirror Syndrome; the exhaust fan will see the removal of water vapor from the walls and mirror leaving everything dry.
Do bathroom exhaust fan use a lot of electricity
The Basic fan-only ventilation units are known to use up to about 6 watts, the highly efficient models, are known to use up to around 60 watts or more.
In the long run, the consumption of electricity with the fan is dependent on the airflow which is measured in cubic feet per minute and the efficiency of the fan.
The large capacity fan or those in combination with lights and heater may require much more power.
The energy efficiency of the fan is seen in its capability levels; with the capacity of how much air the fan moves.
To be able to meet the minimum standards of the Energy Star the bathroom fan ought to have a capability level of up to 1.4 for small sized fans (up to 89 cfm) and a level of up to 2.8 for larger fans (90 to 500 cfm).
Do I need to run the bathroom exhaust fan while showering
A lot of problems could be avoided by simply switching on the exhaust fan. You ought to switch on every time you get into the shower and leave it running for a couple of minutes once you are out of the shower.
The critical time to have it switched on is after you take a shower and have the bathroom door open. A timer should come in handy to remind you to switch off the exhaust fan.